Interested in volunteering with us?
As of now, we cannot offer well-defined, established volunteer assignments. But what we can offer you is a unique opportunity to help steer what is essentially a startup organization.
Would you like to help shape our non-profit to do the most good for foster children? Are you ready to roll up your sleeves to scale and develop our programs, and to explore additional partnerships and initiatives in areas including dental health, housing for foster families, family maintenance services and prevention? Then we would love to talk to you!
More specifically, we currently would welcome volunteers in the following areas:
- If you have a lot of time and energy, you may want to join our Steering Committee or one of the subcommittees for the different programs and initiatives.
- If you have an interest and expertise but cannot commit much time, we would still be interested in your input and may want you to serve as an Advisor.
- We would welcome people to join our Finance Committee.
Interested in joining our small, dynamic all-volunteer team? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
If you prefer a more established organization, with well-defined roles for volunteers, there are many other wonderful organizations serving foster children and disadvantaged youths in Sonoma County that may be right for you. Here is just a small selection:
- Alternative Family Services
- CASA of Sonoma County
- Child Parent Insitute
- ForgetMeNot Farm
- Mentor Me
- Royal Family Kids through its local affiliate Spring Hills Community Church
- SAY – Social Advocates for Youth
- Valley of the Moon Children’s Foundation
- 10,000 Degrees
- or check with the Volunteer Center of Sonoma County what opportunity may be right for you!
Or consider fostering a child!
If you think you can make an even bigger commitment: Sonoma County needs more foster families! If you think you can give a child or young person a stable and nurturing home while they cannot be with their own family or are waiting for their forever family, please check out Sonoma County Foster Care for more information and agencies that can help you on this path.